1. Acceptance of order
- Orders for 1stAiders to supply medical services at your event must be placed by e-mail.
We cannot guarantee requests for 1stAiders to provide medical services/first aid cover will be accepted unless confirmed by us in writing via email.
- No quotation from 1stAiders is a binding offer. We only assume contractual liability after we have officially accepted your order in writing, via e-mail.
- Charges will be fully and clearly written in the quotation. If additional services are requested after confirmation has been received, an updated conformation of new costs will be provided by 1stAiders and accepted in writing by you.
- Terms of payment are a full settlement before the event commences unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- If any event has a duration greater than 5 hours, reasonable time must be allowed for our personnel to take breaks.
- It is deemed that upon arrival at the event, regardless of the duration of the event, the finish time that was specified at the time of booking or on the confirmation shall be considered as the final finish time of the Event and 1stAiders staff are free to leave. If however, the event progresses past this finish time, 1stAiders reserve the right to leave the event at that specified finish time. If there is a likelihood of event overrun, this must be discussed with a 1stAiders manager. If first aid personnel are willing to remain at the event, agreed excess duty charges will be applied. In any case, where the finish time exceeds the stated time on the confirmation, excess duty charges will become payable.
- If you wish to cancel the booking for our first aid attendance at your event or change the times, or date of the event, you must inform us by e-mail and we will acknowledge. Cancellations received 7 days or less prior to the event will incur a full charge. Cancellations of less than 14 days prior to the event will incur a 50% charge. Events cancelled over 28 days prior to the event will incur no charge.
3. Client’s responsibilities
- As the event organiser or manager, it is your full responsibility for ensuring that a satisfactory Risk Assessment has been carried out for the event.
- You must ensure that the event is properly policed and sufficiently secure to ensure the safety of our first aiders.
- You must ensure that an area for the treatment of patients is clearly defined. A dry, covered clean area must be provided by either you or by us (at a cost). Drinking water must be made available by either you or by us (at a cost).
- If the event exceeds 5 hours, you will inform us prior to the event, as to whether or not you will be able to provide refreshments for staff, or there will be concessions so that we can make provisions.
- You must ensure that 1stAiders vehicles and personnel have free unimpaired access to and from the event site and adequate parking on hard standing for all vehicles. If parking is not available, we must be informed at the time of booking.
- You must ensure that any additional non-1stAiders medical personnel on duty at the event are made known to our personnel prior to the event commencing and that we hold the clinical lead.
- You must adhere to any request to suspend the event or any activity at the event if warranted due to necessary urgent, life-threatening related treatments or where the first aider(s) deem a potential escalation.
- Your event staff should be made aware of where the first aid post, personnel and/or ambulance(s) are located, to assist any requests from any participants or spectators as to our locations.
- Where a map or plan is distributed due to the size of the event, 1stAiders personnel should be provided with a map. It is your responsibility to ensure an appropriate system such as radios are supplied to us or an effective route of communication is made known to us.
- It is entirely your responsibility for ensuring that all the necessary licenses to operate the event have been obtained and the compliance with all conditions associated with such licenses, in respect of all relevant laws, rules, legislation, regulations, permissions or similar. In the event of failure to comply with such requirements of this clause, it may be deemed by us as a breach of this agreement and our terms and conditions, in which case we shall be entitled to immediately terminate our services but this will not affect our rights to be paid for our services (whether performed or not).
- If an individual is overcome due to excessive consumption of alcohol, it is not the responsibility of 1stAiders to deal with that individual unless they are injured, and in that case, injuries will be treated but the movement of the individual should be undertaken by your stewards or security.
4. 1stAiders responsibilities (and limitations to the same)
- 1stAiders will provide services at your event in a manner that is commensurate with good practice. These services are provided subject to the following limitations, and should not be viewed as a substitute for any need for registered paramedics, doctors or nurses at the event unless these staff has been specifically requested and booked,.
- We may conduct our own risk assessments, but this activity is for our own purposes. You remain fully responsible for your event.
- Where there is more than one first aider at your event, our duty manager or team leader will be responsible for the deployment of our personnel. They are also responsible for the health and safety of our personnel and have a legal obligation under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- It may be absolutely necessary for 1stAiders personnel to leave the event in order to obtain further medical care for any patient we are treating. We accept no liability should this mean that the event has to cease due to such a reduction of first aid cover.
- You are strongly advised to arrange appropriate “Event cancellation insurance”. We will not accept any liability for any loss you incur in relation to cancellation which could have been covered by such insurance.
- Neither 1stAiders nor our personnel shall be deemed liable under any circumstances, for any damages to land or property in the event of access being required to reach a casualty or to allow egress from a site.
- Subject to clause 4.8 below, neither we nor our personnel shall have any liability to you or any third party, for any loss, expense or damage of any nature, suffered or occurred arising from any breach of any condition of the Agreement or any negligence or any breach of statutory or other duty or in any other way in connection with performance or purported performance of or failure to perform the Agreement.
- Nothing in this contract shall be taken to exclude liability to any patient for death or personal injury resulting from our (or our personnel’s) negligence.
- We shall not be liable for any failure in performance of any of our obligations under the Agreement caused by factors outside of our control (including but not limited to fire, storm, flood, traffic delays etc).
5. Information provided to and by 1stAiders
- If, in our opinion, an adequate level of cover cannot be agreed, or, your event appears to put our personnel at an unacceptable level of risk, injury or illness before or during the event, we reserve the right to withdraw our services. Ultimately it remains your sole responsibility as the organiser of the event to ensure that the level of cover requested complies with all statutory regulations and requirements laid down by any governing body relating to such events.
- Our willingness and for the charges as quoted to provide resources is made purely on the understanding that the details of the event that you have submitted to us are accurate, true and correct. If we are subsequently notified of any changes to these details, such as numbers of personnel, levels of resources, assets, duration, time or location of the event, we reserve the right to revise our fees or to reconsider our acceptance of the event. If upon arrival at the event, the manager or team leader in attendance considers the event to be larger or at a higher risk than stated on the confirmation or subsequent correspondence, we reserve the right to withdraw from the event. In such circumstances, we will mall all reasonable efforts to advise the named contact name at the time of booking of the reasons for withdrawal. Should it be necessary at this stage to withdraw from the event, full charges will apply for the resources provided, and we accept no liability for any loss you may incur due to the termination of the event in such circumstances.
- With regard to details of persons treated by 1stAiders personnel, personal information will only be provided upon request by legal representation and/or by written consent of the individual concerned and are subject at all times to the Data Protection Act 1998.
6. Complaints or disagreements
- Any complaints or disagreements regarding our services or our personnel should be taken up with our team leader at the event. If the issue cannot be resolved, all complaints must be in writing or e-mailed to us.
- Each party will ensure that all confidential information received from the other, remains confidential subject to any disclosure required by law (when full consultation will take place between the parties prior to disclosure).
- If you are subjected to the Freedom of Information Act 2000, then you agree that before disclosing any information about us, You will consult with us in order to consider if any exemptions to disclosure may be applied.
- If any clause or part of this Contract is found by any court, tribunal, administrative body or authority of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or enforceable then that provision will, to the extent required, be served from this agreement and will be ineffective without, as far as possible, modifying any other clause or part of this contract and this will not affect any other provisions of this contract which will remain in full force and effect.
- The parties to this Contract do not intend that any of its terms will be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person not a party to it.
- No failure or delay by either party to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of it nor will any partial exercise preclude any further exercise of the same or of some other right, power or remedy.
- The agreement may only be varied or amended in writing by the parties specifically referring to this clause stating that the agreement is varied in the manner specified.
- The agreement into which these terms and conditions are incorporated contain all the terms which the parties have agreed in relation to the subject matter of this agreement. Nothing in this clause shall be taken to exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Nothing in the agreement or any arrangement contemplated by it shall constitute either party or partner of the other nor shall the execution, completion and implementation of the agreement confer on any party any power to bind or impose any obligations to any third parties on the other party or pledge the credit of the other party.
8. English Law and Jurisdiction of English Courts
- The Agreement shall be governed by English Law and the parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.